A quick share of a valentines created for one of my loved ones using some adorable robots from Hero Arts.
I started with a layering stencil and a mix of green, bluish green and orange as my color scheme. I then layered in a heart with some additional stenciling and then a mix of gears, stamped curlicue and the sweet robots.
Time for another fun Frilly and Funkie Challenge! The Funky Side of the team is sharing their fabulous designs for the "Be My Valentine Challenge". The challenge is hosted by Zoe and she has asked us to create a card for your sweet Valentine in a vintage or
shabby chic style.
I decided to go a little non-traditional and mix up my images non-valentines and valentines together.
I truly love stamping and mixing up stamped images in a variety of colors is one of my favorite things to do. I started with stamping some backgrounds with a variety of inks to contrast the gold and red tones.
I then stamped the dragonfly twice once over my stenciled background and again on a white cardstock using black ink. I painted my butterfly with gold. I found a cool chipboard button? in some vintage gatherings that I painted gold to center my butterfly.
I stamped a background with the small text and then traced a heart with a black watercolor pencil. I used a waterbrush to create shadowing. After it dried (Very important... I always forget and try to cut damp paper which will cause it to rip not cut!) I cut the edge of my heart to allow me to layer that section over the dragonfly background.
Remember that the DT will choose the top four picks with the winner being invited
to join in a Guest DT spot at Frilly and Funkie and the next
three will receive badges to display on their blogs.
Everyone who enters
and follows the rules will be entered into the draw to have the chance
to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.
Well I have been busy playing with some things but not finishing anything. I figured I could share with you some of the samples and techniques that I have been having fun with.
I started with this:
And lots of mixed media and regular carstock pieces to play with.
In no particular order. I started with laying the hearts in different patterns and then spritzing the pink and orange distress stain sprays in random areas.
On this one I sprayed water after the fact to get a dripping of the sprays to the bottom.
I stamped the text with red ink over the back randomly and then I then stamped the sentiment in pink and embossed with white embossing powder.
The next background used the same technique.
I came back with larger print and stamped it using the same pink dye ink. I added splatters on most of my backgrounds after the fact.
For the following I decided to spritz with water the entire background which bled through my white hearts and softened the entire background. I had stamped the sentiments with dye ink and they also disappeared with the water.
This one was spritzed heavily with the distress stains and I haven't decided what else to incorporate.
Then I was over at Brenda's blog BumbleeBeesandButterflies and she was using her watercolor powders on a beautiful project. That got me thinking about my color bursts and what it would look like if I sprinkled over them with the powder.
I spritzed them with water and then laid the other paper over top and patted it down until I got a reverse pattern which ended up like this:
A very graphic effect. I left so much of the powder not activated with water that I will have to seal both of these pieces when I am done to prevent any activation later by accident.
Finally I thought why not try inking up the dies and using them with a fine line. I inked up the hearts with dye ink pads and stamped the hearts randomly in different colors.
I still haven't finished this card but will have to shortly so it can go off in the mail. :) Sorry I had no finished projects but hope that it might inspire you to play with your dies and sprays in a new way.