Monday, September 1, 2008

Silvery Peace...

I had so much fun last time when I embossed my aluminum foil... I decided to make another project using the foil with the Cuttlebug Embossing Folders. When I made my last card using this technique, I had another idea using the snowflake embossing folder. Here is that card. I still have one more idea percolating in my brain using this technique... So you might see one more project looking very similar to this. :)

Recipe:

  1. Tape down aluminum foil to cardstock. I used a gold cardstock. I like how if the edges get frayed you still get a metallic look coming through. (Or if you want to distress it you would get a contrasting metallic look) Hint: My edges keep coming up. I should have taped all the way to the edge.
  2. Emboss using the cuttlebug embossing folder with the foil face up.
  3. Put 3 drips of the Alcohol Ink (stream) on the felt on the applicator. Add 3 drips of alcohol blending solution. Dab this on the embossed foil all over.
  4. Replace the felt piece on your applicator. Drip 3 drops of the lettuce color and 3 drops of alcohol blending solution on the felt. Dab this all over the embossed foil.
  5. I edged the card with my Silver Krylon Paint Pen.

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Clear Designs Warmest Winter Wishes
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Snowflakes
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Ranger Alcohol Inks - Stream, Lettuce
  • Ranger Alcohol Blending Solution
  • EK Success - Tonal Adornments
  • Tag Holder - Unknown

2 comments:

  1. I love your card. It is indeed beautiful. I use vellum under my foils so they hold their shape, but your idea is really wonderful too! What great colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!