Wednesday, October 22, 2008

3 Things...

3 Things... 3 different stamps/stamp sets and 3 different inks... How difficult should that be... Apparently some of us(me) like the freedom to grab things and add them at will...

Here is the challenge: http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2008/10/20/motivation-monday-3s-please/

I kept playing around with this one and I was inspired by a card which was one of the magazines and it was white and light aqua blue and that was all the colors... It really was effective...

I went off on my white space tangent again...

My 3 inks were: Versamark, Honey Memories Ink and Adirondack Orange Ink. (I know I probably cheated a little here but I did use 3 different ink pads)

My 3 Stamps/Sets were:

Hero Arts DesignBlock Tree, Hero Arts Sparkle Design Hello Birdie, Penny Black Crystalline.

Orange and Teal Christmas Cards... Why not....


Recipe:

  1. Stamp tree with versamark on white cardstock and heat emboss with light blue embossing powder.
  2. Cut white cardstock around edges of the tree.
  3. Cut 6 3/4" x 4 3/4" white cardstock.
  4. Lay stamped image of tree cardstock in center of the larger white cardstock. I taped it down with repositionable tape.
  5. Cut out a circle using circle cutter from scrap cardstock.
  6. Lay circle frame over tree and white cardstock background. Ink up sponge dauber with golden yellow dye ink. Smear on the golden ink in a circular motion from the outside of the circle towards the middle. Ink the entire circle with the golden color.
  7. Pull the stamped image from the white cardstock and mount on an aqua background.
  8. Cut a 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 white cardstock. Ink the sentiment with orange on the key sentiment and stamp on the white cardstock. Ink the sentiment with versamark and randomly stamp across the white cardstock. Heat emboss with light blue embossing powder.
  9. Mount sentiment on teal cardstock.
  10. Cut slit 3/4" from the left side and bottom on the stamped image for ribbon. Run ribbon around the inside of the card to the front under the stamped image. Bring through the slit and tie with other end of the ribbon.
  11. Stamp with versamark the birds and heat emboss with light blue embossing powder. Cut out using your fine scissors. :)
  12. Attach the birds on the moon portion of the stamped image.
  13. Attach the Stamped image with foam squares making sure to align your moon on the top layer with the moon on the bottom layer.
  14. Attach the sentiment to the front of the stamped image in the lower right hand corner.

Products:

  • Fiskars Circle Cutter, Circle Template
  • Hero Arts Sparkle Design - Hello Birdie
  • Hero Arts - DesignBlock Tree
  • Memories - Honey Dye Ink Pad
  • Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
  • Penny Black - Crystalline
  • Adirondack Brights - Sunset Orange
  • Stampendous Stamp N Stuff - Baby Blue Pastel
  • Ribbon - Unknown

6 comments:

  1. This is so special! I really love the colour combo and the originality of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!!!! Just a gorgeous creation! And congrats on your big HM over at Hero! Toot toot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Suz! I thought this was an acetate card! So clever of you and I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! What a beautiful card, really love the colors! Congrats on your HM over at Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Sue, you should be very proud. I could never have done it. Your card is gorgeous. I love the sun, the tree, the layers and that beautiful ribbon too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sue! I really like this pretty holiday card. I like using complimentary colors like blue and orange. And I like the little pop of red that you added in three places. Very nice! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!