Friday, October 31, 2008

Mini Cards

I am quickly becoming a big fan of the mini card.... The only drawback is having an envelope the right size...

I love that I can reach into my overflowing scraps of paper and grab a piece and fold it in half and start a card. Usually I find myself in the land of 5 x 7 cards... You can only create one card with a sheet of paper and if you want to layer you usually consume a couple of pieces of paper.

This little card was made from the scraps of the previous card and some other scraps from all my supplies. (Except the charm)


I cut up the sentiment since I decided to make inchies on the front of the card and keep the feel of the inchie.

Recipe:

  1. The background for the stamped image is the alcohol ink technique in my previous post. I made 2 backgrounds and was still not happy with my end result.
  2. Stamp the image on the alcohol ink background in versamark and heat emboss with a copper embossing powder.
  3. Cut into 1" squares. Mount on lime green paper.
  4. Stamp sentiment on same paper and cut carefully apart. Mount on top of stamped image in various places.
  5. Attach heart charm to lower left hand corner. Tie piece of ribbon through charm.
  6. Mount entire background to blue rectangle.
  7. Put lace under blue rectange on top of card base.
  8. Attach bling on lace.
  9. Done..

Products:

  • Hero Arts - Collage Take Time
  • Hero Arts - Clear Design Anytime Messages
  • Hero Arts - Gem Flowers
  • Crystal Stickers - Pearls
  • Lace Unknown
  • Judikins - Copper Embossing Powder
  • Versamark Watermark Ink
  • Versafine Royal Blue Pigment Ink
  • Charm - Unknown

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. I love the heart charm you picked! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the window effect, the beautiful lace and heart, and the really pretty fowers with pearls too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card - it's amazing in detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!