Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Son's Confirmation...

My son is having his confirmation on Saturday. We are very excited for him.

I knew I was in trouble from a card making perspective...

A boy, tween, and religious card... All 3 are challenging for me... I don't have any stamps for a confirmation.

To top it all off he said to me... No big deal you just put a cross on there. Well... That is exactly what I did... I tried to give it texture and color to give it more interest.



Recipe:

  1. I decided what measurement I wanted my cross to be. It measures 4"w x 6"h and 1" in the width of the cross. I cut the rectangle from glossy cardstock first and then worked my way in. :) I then cut 2 more crosses increasing the width of the cross it self by 1/4" each time but keeping the height and width at 4" x 6".
  2. I used stonewashed and lettuce for my alcohol inks on the cross. I start by putting 3 drops of lettuce on the felt on the applicator and add 3 drops of blending solution. I than smear that across the entire glossy cardstock. I then put new felt on and did three drops of stonewashed and 3 drops of the blending solution. I dabbed this on in various spots on the glossy cardstock cross. I then came back with dripping blending solution, lettuce and stonewashed on the cross directly. I then put a fresh piece of felt on my applicator and applied 3 drops of blending solution on the felt. I then dabbed that in spots where the drips I had applied didnt' blend. This will mute the edges between the drippings directly on the cardstock.
  3. I let the cross dry and then I embossed it using the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.
  4. I mounted the glossy cardstock cross on the two other colored crosses.
  5. The background was created by cutting a piece of white cardstock 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".
  6. I used a sponge dauber by Tsukineko and dabbed it into the Adirondack Bright Citrus and used this to smear in circles off the edge of the background onto the card. I continued this until the entire background was vary shades of green. I then used another sponge dauber to apply a light blue in the same fashion. I also did this on the sentiment I had printed on the computer.
  7. I cut an olive green and light blue rectangles to mount the sentiment on and mounted them.
  8. I then cut out the corners of the background papers using my smallest circle punch.
  9. Attach all parts of the card to a light blue card base.

Products:

  • Ranger Alcohol Inks - stonewashed, lettuce, alcohol blending solution
  • StazOn - Olive Green
  • Stampabilities - Vine Background
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Mosaic
  • Adirondack Brights Citrus
  • Memories - Sky

Thanks for stopping by...

4 comments:

  1. Mission accomplished! Sooner of later HA will have to do religious cards as a topic - you should definitely enter it. I'd also send this in to some magazines with your comment about your son being a boy, a tween, and a confirmant. (I don't know if that's a word. If not, it ought to be.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background supports your card perfectly and I love the verse you chose! Congrats with your sons decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did an awesome job with this card! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and yet it isn't feminine at all! See what I mean by creative. I love everything you did with this, and he will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!