Friday, August 6, 2010

Mojo Monday 150

Mojo Monday 150 Sketch  has some lovely angles and shapes.  I tried to go a little different route. I also created this with the Hero Arts Monthly Challenge in mind which is to Keep in Touch or back to school. I know of someone who can use a little pick me up and I hope this card will do the trick.

Here is the sketch...

Now take a step back and do a little abstract view and look at my card.  Like those puzzles where you look at the dots until you see something.



I had a little inspiration late at night about tilting my flowers to represent the two main shapes on the vertical and horizontal.

I changed up the sentiment to say Bee. Then I got that song stuck in my head. No... Don't think it or you will be singing it all day or until you listen to music to counteract the effect.

Love the flower from the Hero Arts Be Happy Set either coloring or piecing it is a sweet design. I have seen lots of my Flickr friends using this lovely set. 

The papers are from a variety of packs.  I went looking through my stash to see what I could find and was pleased with the colors and papers I found.

Thanks for stopping by.

Suzz 



12 comments:

  1. Its very sweet, what song is that now? can you sing a chorus or two? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch:) So fun!! Love those flowers and that bee;) Super cute color combo too!! You always blow me away:) LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting here:) YOU AMAZE ME!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute design, Sue! Love the flower arrangement, too! And dang, that song is stuck in my head.....LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever interpretation of the sketch Suzz. Love those daisies.... look awesome on this card. It is such a happy card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, Suzz! Love the way you've placed the flowers...creative take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too late, the song's got me, Lol! Love the card Suzz and can see the sketch through your take on it. You're right about those flowers, they are lovely and I adore those cute little bees. I think they're the sweetest ones I've ever seen.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn cute Sue! Oh my! That is a whole lot of paperpiecing - it looks fabulous! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are fun in the patterend paper. I like how you have them positioned and that adorable little bee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so fun, Sue! love your take on the sketch!! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creative take on the sketch, wonderful paper for the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just as cute as it can bee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card Sue but oh no now I'm singing that song in my head! Love your design and mix of colours and patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!