Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chapel Road Artstamps Blog Challenge - Unique Fold

Time for another fun challenge over at Class Act. The challenge is  to use a unique fold. Lucky for me I had a little help from an on-line friend who found a fun new technique called the napkin fold for me to play with. .

This is the view of the card folded and with the band around it.

Here is the view with it open:
Rather than me try to explain how I created this I will send you right to the source: Napkin Fold. 

The only main requirement was a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. I pulled out some of my Bazzil bling and some beautiful shimmer paper from The Paper Company. The stamps are from the Chapel Road ArtsStamps and include: Variations Lilacs and Butterfly Square.

The edges were punched using a EK Success border punch and the doilies are from Spellbinders.

You can check out the rest of the teams fabulous creations and the details of the challenge at the Class Act Insider.  The Design Team links are on my sidebar as well!

The great news is that the challenge is open to any stamps, if you use any of the Class Act stamps or Chapel Road Artstamps  you will get two entries in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by..

Suzz

18 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. Wow! Thanks for sharing your cards with us. I love different folds and I may have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way this turned out Sue, the lilacs were just perfect for the Napkin Fold, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Sue! This is one of the most fun looking cards I have seen and I am going to do this next!!! Wow! Yours is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Sue - you know how much I love my lilacs, and this is a real treasure, with the lace and shimmer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card, Sue! Wonderful design and details! I love your colouring and soft distressing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique is the right word, a beautiful card Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This is soooo pretty.. Love how you used that napkin fold.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh what a wonderfully imaginative card Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this is exquisite! What an amazing fold, and your images are gorgeous. I adore lilacs... I'm off to investigate that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... what an amazing card. Love the fold. Love the stamps. Love the butterflys.
    Love love love your card.
    TFS
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What an intricate design, love the neat little folds, it must be a real treat once the whole card is opened and you find the treasure inside, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the unique fold. beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This card is AMAZING! LOVE the fancy folds and beautiful Lilacs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card Sue. The fold is definitely one I shall have a go at and you have turned it into such a pretty work of art. As always you are such a brilliant source of inspiration.

    Here's wishing you a very Happy Easter.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, is this ever beautiful, I'm off to see the tutorial, Thanks for the link Suzz.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now this is so Unique...Love all the edges punched makes it look so elegant.. Wowza!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Amazing is right! LOVE this, Sue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!