Friday, July 15, 2011

Surfs Up!

I combined the colors from the Embellish challenge - Nautical theme with the Wee Memories Summertime and the Lily Pad Cards Challenge to create a patriotic themed card all into one project.



I saw this cute Snorkle Tobie  at Some Odd Girl and envisioned him at the beach with the surfboards done in the patriotic colors! Some Odd Girl is the sponsor at Lily Pad this week.
The surfboards are hand drawn and created using Rocket Boy paper from October Afternoon.  The Sand is sandpaper torn along the edges.  I added a little spanish moss for texture along with the seashells from Hero Arts. The sentiment is also Hero Arts. 

This is my last week with the Lily Pad Blog Challenge.  A truly wonderful team and good friends! 

The fabulous Design Team: Alice Wertz, Deborah Nolan, Lin Brandyberry, Nancy Krueger, Sherri Thompson, Vicki Papaioannou

Have a sunny day! 

Suzz

12 comments:

  1. Oh just so cute, you started my day with some smiles GF! Luv the boards and the dimension of your adorable and clever project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute I love that little guy...
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my stars.. This is so darn cute.. I love the way this turned out..

    Happy Friday to you my friend.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the most adorable cards I've seen in a long time! Love all the different elements and he is so eyecatching! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great surfboards, love the shape of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg so cute!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your attention to details is amazing, Sue! love love the send and the sea critters on it. absolutely fabulous card! hope you have a beautiful weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is he! Fab coloring, love your hand drawn/pieced boards. Fab addition of the sandpaper! I'm sure you'll be missed at the Lily Pad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute Suzz. a really sweet image and love the surf boards.... been great seeing all your wonderful cards for Lily Pads...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable! He really is our youngest patriot! I love the layered sand and the shells with the FS are perfect embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy moly! That Spanish moss was a stroke of genius! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!