Sunday, August 19, 2012

Garden Angels

When I saw the challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenge was ice cream I knew I wanted to pair it up with Cathy's Moxie Fab World Challenge The Minty Fresh Challenge to create a mint chocolate chip inspired card.  Even better yet is Mint Ice Cream with Oreo Cookies!  I ended up creating a card which I am calling a Garden Angel.

The background started as mint with a combination of green dye inks smeared on the craft mat and spritzed to create an inky puddle which I smeared onto the white cardstock.  I repeated it on the cardbase.  I then took my Dylusion sprays (Brown) and spritzed along the edges to add my chocolate.

The next step was to blend a few different stamps together.  I stamped a new B Line Designs stamp over the background using brown dye ink.

After I added the background I stamped the Winged Collage Angel from La Blanche using black ink and heat embossed her with clear embossing powder to help the black pop a bit more.  I added a touch of color to her face, eyes and hair.  I also highlighted with a white gel pen.

I created a mask for her using copy paper and stamping her on it and cutting it out.  I wanted to layer some flowers in the background.  After I placed the mask over her face, I stamped the Hero Arts Hydrangea, Elegant Weeds in the background using black ink. I heat embossed them as well to help the color pop.

I added some color to the flowers using watercolor pencils.  I then stamped the lovely Verses Rubber Stamps - Kiss of the Sun on tissue paper and trimmed to fit in the corner and added a touch of the brown dye ink.

After all that I decided to add my swarm of butterflies.  They are from the Stampendous Charm Collection.



Have a wonderful Sunday!

Suzz

16 comments:

  1. scrumptious Sue. I love the way the colours still peek through even with the top layer of brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stamped collage - the colours are yummy, and the face and flowers emerging out of the music are simply wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a beautiful card, great stamping. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love all the stamping on this gorgeous yummy inky background. The 'garden angel' just peeking through looks mystical.
    Thanks for joining us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collage Sue with wonderful images. I love the minty green peeking through and the butterflies finish it off perfectly. Stunning creation as always!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Sue, this is so breathtaking! Love your wonderful mix of stamps and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks wonderful. So any wonderful Layers.. Truly looks amazing.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you describe what you have done for each effect. i like to look at cards and guess thaen read what has been done ahd how it was acheived. sometimes i have to take yet another closer look to see what i missed the first time. tfs great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember the last time I had an Orea cookie! Well you served up a lovely dish of ice cream! Beautiful use of flavors for both challenges! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful the way you built up the layers of stamping for the background and the touches of colour you brought to the card with the painted flowers.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC this fortnight.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool - love the collage you created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your gorgeous vintage card, it has such a mysterious look about it, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! A really gorgeous creation and thanks for sharing this with us at the FSC summer challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This IS delish! I love the flavors, I mean colors, you've chosen. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Suzanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Minty Fresh Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!