Sunday, December 9, 2012

Peace, Hope and Love

This week the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge is Tim's Tags. One of my favorite tags is Tim's Tag 12 from last year. His tag inspired my Peace, Hope and Love tag.   

I was drawn to Tim's tag because of the soft hues of blue and then the tissue paper background and the overall serene effect of the tag.

My tag background started with tissue tape to emulate Tim's tissue paper background.  I added a touch of white acrylic paint and light blue acrylic paint over the tissue tape.  I added a touch of stamped text.  I stamped flourishes around the edges.

The angel was stamped on another piece of cardstock and colored with my watercolor pencils and waterbrush.  I covered the image with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


I cut my house, embossed with an embossing folder and added a touch of blue and silver around the edges.


Products: Tissue Tape - Tim Holtz - Commute, La Blanche - Christmas Cherub, Melissa Frances Silver Old Tinsel, Hero Arts - Fabulous Flourish, Adirondack - Snow Cap, Cloudy Blue, Idea-ology Seasonal Chit Chat , Idea-ology Baubles, Provo Craft Damask Embossing Folder Krylon Silver Leafing Pen, Adirondack Ink - Black, Versamark Watermark Ink, Clear Embossing Powder

Come join in the challenge for an opportunity to win a gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp:



Thanks for stopping by!'

Suzz

17 comments:

  1. WOW this tag is gorgeous love the design. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun tag Suzz. You added all the beautiful elements so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely festive tag!!! Love!

    Hugs,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tag Sue. I love all the little details you incorporated and that angel image is beautiful ... what a sweet face! As for the background, well, flourishes and text .... what more could I want, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzz, gorgeous tag, love the background and the subtle touch of acrylic paint. The angelic image is just perfect set against your subtle background and I love how you added embossing. Love the house in the background, a perfect composition. Enjoy your week Suzz. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzz...your tag is so lovely. What a beautiful shabby chic vintage feeling this has! I love the stamped and white washed text background. The Artful Dwellings house behind your sweet colorized angel is pretty. LOVE the angel! The tinsel and baubles are the perfect embellishment for this tag! Love it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really wonderful tag Suzanne. All elements are so beautiful together and the tinsel and pearl bling knock it out into the stratosphere. Love that cherub! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Sue! Tim 12th tag from last year is a favourite of mine too. Love your background and that you stamped on top of the tissue paper too. The house and stamped image are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzz, this tag is amazing! This was my favorite tag of last year too! Love the stamp of the little angel! Stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!!!! you really out did your self :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag - I love Tim's tags and in fact all things Tim!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag, Suzz! I really love the touches of tinsel!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome detail - love the embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a Gorgeous tag, it took my breath away. I really need to play along this week. I missed the house by 1 day. dang !

    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!