Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Aprils Showers Brings May Flowers

Welcome to the monthly Artistic Outpost Design Team Blog Hop!  Today's hop features flowers or women.  I decided that since we are having a week full of rain that I should celebrate spring flower which are the benefit of all the rain we are receive.

I started with a  Memory Box die cut butterfly and stamped the lovely flowers from the Bloom & Grow Plate using black ink. I colored the flowers with STAEDTLER  watercolor pencils and watercolor markers.  I distressed the edges with brown dye ink.
I used the Prima - Hope Chest paper for my tag.  I stamped the butterflies from the Flower Market plate in the background along with a few of the words.  I colored the butterflies with the watercolor pencils and waterbrush.  I added a few highlights with a white gel pen.  I die cut a clock (Sizzix) and sponged it with brown dye ink.  I stamped the ledger from Ephemera Backgrounds over the clock.   I added one of my many favorite sentiments to the tag from Quote & Quotables.

Hop along to see all the fabulous projects by the DT:


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz


16 comments:

  1. A glorious tag to celebrate the new Spring flowers pushing through. I love background and beautiful butterfly you have created.
    Hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Wow...such a beautiful tag Suzz...love the butterfly, he is amazing..and love the sentiment..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, the purple is lovely as is,your butterfly. My favourite sentiment too. Gorgeous background and papers and as always gorgeous design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning Suzz. love the colours and your butterfly is totally amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is stunning Suzz, I love the bright lilac flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! The flowers are lovely on the butterfly. I love it!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue, love the vibrant colors and how you used the b'fly to accent them...gona' have to steal that idea! Amazing tag GF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautful tag Sue! Just love the beautifully colored flowers added to the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drooling over here! This tag and those flowers on the butterfly is stunning! Beautiful coloring! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tags, Suzanne, always so interesting to find all the fun little bits here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, beautiful, love it
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning Sue - the purple really sings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous! I adore the butterfly with those gorgeous flowers. Your tag background is really gorgeous too. Love the clock die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so totally gorgeous, Suzz... the flowers on the butterfly are wonderful, and I LOVE how how you've used the clock die here - just brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a stunning tag Sue. The butterfly looks beautiful stamped with the flowers and I absolutely love that sentiment. I clicked the link to that set of stamps and I think I neeeeed it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!