Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Wish For You

Happy Tuesday!  This is a card which was made for my younger sister's birthday which is coming up shortly.  I decided to play with Gold Leaf as she has some beautiful paintings she created using gold leaf which inspired me.

I ended up with a piece of art larger than a card because of this cool stencil from StencilGirl which I laid down and applied Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste.  After I applied it I waited for it to dry for a short time.


After it started drying and and laid gold leaf sheets over the paste and let it dry. Once dry I brushed off the excess gold leaf. I covered the paper with Ranger Distress Spray Peacock Feathers.  I then just added the beautiful sentiment from Verses Rubber Stamps.  I think she will enjoy the effect of the gold leaf on the stenciled paste. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

3 comments:

  1. I love this card, the colours and the style,very nice.The words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cool technique with the gold leaf Sue. I'm sure your sister is going to love this beautiful piece.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... the gold leaf really adds such an elegant touch. Thank you for sharing the process you used to create this amazing card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!