Sunday, February 8, 2015

Birthdays Birthdays

February and March are big birthday months in our family.  I ended up buying ahem all my January cards because I got so far behind.  That meant me getting pro-active and creating cards early for this month.  Both are challenging for me as one is for a nephew turning thirteen and the other is for my niece who is turning 18. 

For my nephew I was looking for a grungy mixed media effect using basketball as the focus.  He plays on multiple teams. I used the Graphic 45 sports stamps for the images.  The background uses a mix of the DarkRoom Door stamps.

For my niece I followed the same grungy style but mixed in stars and music.
I was trying for a new color mix of lavender, gray and yellow.  I might re-work this one as it didn't fly with my daughters.  I still have time. :)

Well that is all I have to share today. I am busy working on a few different projects for future shares and I will be back tonight with the new Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Suzz





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!