Sunday, April 12, 2015

Live in Our Heart to Stay

Hello!  I am back again with more Sympathy cards.  I now will have quite a few on hand and hopefully I will not need them.
 I had quite a time again mixing inks and layers to see if I could get the right amount of color in the sentiment and the background.
 I used the Ranger Archival Ink Blue Violet and Hydrangea for the next two cards but the color by itself was too strong. I tried stamping off but didn't get an even color.  So I stamped them and then gave them a coat of whitewash to tone down the background.  I then stamped the sentiment with a gray ink to keep it softer.

 On this one I used the black ink to be stronger as the background was darker.
 This was one of my first done in a very light gray ink in the background and a darker gray ink for the sentiment. I added a hint of watercolor to the background image and sponged the edges. I wish I hadn't sponged the edges on this one.

This is the Milled Lavender Ink a very soft image and very faded. But a lovely soft card. I always feel like on my sympathy card there should be no embellishments so I kept them all simple from a design perspective.

Stamps: Darkroom Door - Quote Memory Darkroom Door - Butterfly Garden, Darkroom Door - Floral Garden Background Stamp, Darkroom Door - Texture Floral, Ranger Distress Ink - Milled Lavender, Memento London Fog, STAEDTLER watercolor pencils, Ranger Archival Ink - Blue Violet, Hydrangea, Watering Can, StazOn - Dove Gray

Have a blessed Sunday!

Suzz

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!