Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Food Colors Part II

Back to the rest of the food colors... Again I was pulling out some of my favorite stamps of all time that I haven't used in years. :O

My first food color combination is Eggplant and Ginger.  While watching the cooking shows I was surprised to see that the ginger was a pretty pink color.
 I sponged on the top half a mix of Memento Soft Plum and Lilac.  On the bottom I started with Angel Pink but added Rose Bud into the mix.  I tamped the pussy willows and added highlights with the white gel pen. I also splattered watered down acrylic paint over the surface. I added a layer of splattered goosebumps to add darker water splotches which have a nice sheen to it in the light.  

The next colors were Lemon and Carrot:
I used the layering stencil and sprayed the yellow mist first and then did the orange at an angle to only mist it to the inside of the stencil.  I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine.  I then used the Idea-Ology Rub-Ons Botanical to add the touch of music and words.  I stamped the Stampers Anonymous Cupid over the top and added a touch of pink watercolor pencil shading to his body.  I then punched a bunch of hearts to add the hearts to the background.

Next up is Grapefruit and Cherry

I stamped one of my all time favorite Stampendous stamps the Ranunculus.  The inks were a splattering of white acrylic watered down paint over the background. Then Heidi Swapp Color Shine (soft pink) and then the Dylusions Cherry spray splattered over the top.

The  finish with Blueberry and Plum colors: 
 The inks were the Ranger Distress Stains (Lavender and Broken China).  The image is Stampers Anonymous and the letters on either side are Memory Box.

There is one more food collection of salt and pepper which I have all kinds of ideas for so we will see what I end up with.

Have a fabulous day!

Suzz

5 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing collection Suzz!! So many fabulous images and beautiful colour combos. I am really loving Grapefruit & Cherry! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects! I am especially loving the floral ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suck lovely coulour combos - is it possible to get a list of products used?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!