Saturday, January 30, 2016

New Beginnings

Hi!  I spent some time creating with some new goodies from Canvas Corp Brands for the Anything But Cute Challenge - Ring out the old and bring in the new and the Mixed Media Place - New Beginnings challenge. 

I recently received some new paints from the Tattered Angels and I wanted to play around with them along with my glimmer mist.  I followed the them of new beginnings with the inspirational words from a series of Stampendous stamp sets.

I started with a background with a stencil and the Tattered Angels glimmer mist.  I then came back in and used stencils and circles to create a series of circles painted and outlined with colored pencil.

I stamped the text using black ink over the background.  I used the remainder of the background to create a series of stars. I cut them out and stamped inspirational sayings.



Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz



14 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when new stuff reinvigorates the old! Love this Suzz. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece Suz, love how you combined the paints and sprays together on that fabulous background! Great selection of sentiments around one of my fav girl stamps, - super make altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tag Suzz, the background you created is wonderful and I love how the words on the stars draw the eye to the lovely little girl. Beautiful colours too!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Suzz, what's not to love about this beauty!! Fabulous colours, so bright and cheery. Just the thing for a dark winter day! What a great background, I really enjoy the bits of book pages, and your black accents create such a lovely contrast!! Fantastic mixed media piece and a great use of your new Tattered Angels products!

    While I'm here - Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Bring in the New' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautifully vibrant tag Sue the colours particularly and all the stamped elements really make it zing.
    happy Sunday.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and fun tag you've created, Sue! Love your awesome stamped background and such an amazing design! Fantastic tag!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Suzz, I DO love a good tag, and this is a very, very, very good tag! The colors are so unexpected and playful and each element is absolute perfection! I'm looking forward to getting to know you on the Frilly and Funkie team! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully designed work of art!
    Thank you so much for joining our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Hugs

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such and amazing tag! Love the different elements and the over-the-edge bits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable tag! I love those soft colors! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So joyous and happy! Really love the colors! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!