Thursday, June 16, 2016

Faith in Dreams

Happy Thursday!  Longest week ever... :)  I am back playing with a tag and some flowers. Trying to de-stress with a little flower power.

I combined A Vintage Journey's Texture Challenge with the Mixed Media Monthly 2nd Year Anniversary Challenge of which I am  using the "Texty" Challenge.

I started with a tag that was lightly spritzed in green ink. I had it in my scraps and pulled it out to play. Whilst creating another project to be shared next week I picked up the pink and brown ink along the edges.

I wanted to  use the flowers so I stamped them and colored them with watercolor. They weren't popping the way I wanted them to so I came back in with a charcoal pencil and added the black shading to make them stand out.  I then added some splotches of white paint, gold embossing paste through a stencil and the test stamped over the background in brown.

It should have been a quick tag but I won't tell how long it took me! :)

After I finished I thought it might look better horizontally:

What do you think?

Have a great one!

Suzz

Challenge Photo:

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous that touch of pink is perfect . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and I totally love what you did with the cone flowers! I like the tag both ways but I think I actually prefer it vertically...

    Thanks for adding it to our challenge at MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Suzanne, I love it both ways! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for a "hash up" this turned out really well. Love the cone flowers whose stamp is this please? Great job Id be happy with it either way TFS and creating x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is stunning, Suzz!! The color palette was the first thing to catch my eye, followed by the amazing amount of detail that went into the creation of this beauty! Your coloring technique is superb. I didn't think I wanted this stamp set, but now I'm off to purchase it!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. However long this took Sue it is beautiful. I love the contrasts of colours and light and dark and the charcoal pencils worked perfectly in bringing those gorgeous flowers to the foreground. Thanks for sharing it at AVJ and have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzz, this is a delightful tag from the painty background to those wonderful blooms! Love the colors you chose and how you added the shadow...perfect! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty tag! I think it came together perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is stunning! I love the colors and the background, too. The outline on the flowers really does set them off without being too harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Just love the fact you pulled the tag out of your scraps - best place to find new projects!! And love the outlining on your flowers, it certainly does make them pop! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge's 2nd Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool tag! I love the background and those flowers! Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge for our 2nd Anniversary Celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colours and the layers of stamping etc are just perfect together. This tag is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Julia S-W

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful texture and colors! Gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. judging by the number of times it has been pinned ... a lot of people love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag and congratulations to you being a winner at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Playing catch up and oh my goodness am I pleased I didn't miss this!!! AWESOME Suzz! Got to be pinned. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it (therefore you) are "Some Kind of Wonderful"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and spending a little time here with me on my blog!